Home Sweet...

Home???

Moving day came and went - and continues to haunt us!!  Our possessions arrived, unscathed, from Seattle via the Panama Canal a week earlier and were delivered right on time.  Everything fit except our sofa - it was too long and couldn't fit through the front door.  We had to give it a charity.  I forget at which point of the day I broke down and began to sob... I'm not sure if I have yet to stop!!   In fact, I might continue to cry myself to sleep on a nightly basis.  JD keeps reminding me that this is an "adventure!"  I'm totally on board, however, I do miss this:  http://vicaso.com/14555

We moved into a one bedroon flat near St. Pual's Cathedral:

View Larger Map

It's a pretty central location and we figure it'll be a good place to call "home base" as we explore what London has to offer.  Mind you though, it's a small one bedroom flat that we pay £1560 a month for ($2520 USD).  Now, keep in mind, JD was paying a $2200 mortgage for a 4 bedroom, three bath, townhome with a garage!!!!  As my dearly departed Jewish ancestors used to say - OY!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason I love you....but have you ever heard of the concept - ONE box at a time? It works really well. Or I just put everything in the garage and didn't look at if for 4.5 months. Just hung up pictures yesterday.
Oh and nice shot of the TP...good to know you have things covered for a while.


Jason Katz, MSc, LMHC said...

Let me me just say - that TP saved our butts - no pun intended!!!!!!


alex berg said...

How many times have you used the bikes so far? ; )


Post a Comment